Nov 19, 2010

Armless pianist to tour after winning China's 'Britain's Got Talent'

Liu Wei, 23, from Beijing, has been playing the piano with his feet since he lost his arms in an electrical accident at the age of ten.
He shot to fame in China after winning the first series of China's Got Talent, a franchise of Simon Cowell's "Got Talent" series.
Paul Potts, the opera singer, and Susan Boyle were both also made famous by the show.

In the final, Mr Liu wowed the crowd at the Shanghai Stadium with a version of James Blunt's wistful love song "You're Beautiful".

"I feel that I'm not different from other people. I've lost my arms, but I can still do the things that I like. At least I have two perfect legs," he said. Although he needs help to eat and drink, Mr Liu practises on the piano for seven hours a day, after learning five years ago.

Mr Liu is about to fly to the United States, and has signed up for the Las Vegas performances of the Got Talent international tour. He will also visit Hong Kong, Paris, Vienna and Taipei, but his assistant said it was unclear whether or not he will play in Britain.

Read more at The Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment